Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Summer Reading 2021 FAQ
- Can I choose any book I want to fulfill the Summer Reading requirement? Yes. You choose what you would like to read. You must record a minimum of 250 pages on the Microsoft form.
- When should I record the pages I have read? Returning and new students please use the forms located on this web page to record the number of book pages you have read. It is recommended that you record the book pages right after you are finished reading, but if that is not convenient for you, you can keep track of your books / pages and add them all at once (each book will require you complete a separate form). A deadline for page submissions will be sent out at a later date (after school starts in the fall).
- Do I have to write an essay or do a project for any of the books over the summer? No, but we ask that you be prepared to informally talk to other students about a book you read that you enjoyed during a class meeting in the fall.
- Where can I access free books to read from home? Begin your search here https://lindenhall.libguides.com/Home/Access_Books to learn how to borrow eBooks and audiobooks through Sora OverDrive, our Library Catalog and othter websites. Also look into borrowing books, eBooks and audiobooks from your local public library.
- I like to read on my Kindle or using the Kindle app, but I can't see the number of pages in my eBook to record it? Please look the book title up on Amazon or another bookseller site and locate the number of pages in a print edition. Use that number to record pages read on the form.
Summer Reading 2021
- You choose which books you read. If you are looking for ideas, check out the recommendations here https://lindenhall.libguides.com/Home/Read
- You may start recording pages of a book you are currently reading.
- Books being read as free reading for an English or ESL class count. Books assigned by faculty for class study do not count toward your page total.
- To fulfill the Summer Reading requirement this year, we ask that you read a minimum of 250 pages.
- After you finish reading, complete the Microsoft form located on this page and the count begins.
- Be prepared to informally talk to other students about a book you read that you enjoyed during a class meeting in the fall.
Keep Reading, Wherever You Are, Using The Sora OverDrive App or website!
Returning Students, Please Use This Form To Record # of Pages Read (Use This Form If You Have A Linden Hall Email Address)
New Students Please Use This Form To Record # Pages Read (Use This Form If You Do Not Have A Linden Hall Email Address Yet)